|Single by American Music Club|
|from the album San Francisco|
|Producer(s)||Joe Chicarelli / American Music Club|
|American Music Club singles chronology|
"Hello Amsterdam" is the 8th song on American Music Club's 1994 album, San Francisco, and the last single released from the album. The EP was originally to be headed up by "I'll Be Gone" but that was scrapped for "Hello Amsterdam" in its place with the same track list as the canceled single. This would be the final American Music Club release for 9 years.
Hello Amsterdam my name is Fernando
Hello Amsterdam I bet you've seen my kind before
Another sad tourist with his eyes rolling in his head
Another sad tourist who never had a drink before
Hello Amsterdam you didn't like my Waterloo
Hello Amsterdam I wish I had something to offer you
Tail between my leg I crawl back to the canal
All alone with my eyes rolling like the moon
There once was a white elephant
that escaped from the zoo
Got to the big city and didn't know what to do
Had a sticker on his shirt that said,
'Hello my name is unclean'
I swear they would have liked us
if we'd played Dancing Queen
Hello Amsterdam don't I look cool in my white shirt
Hello Amsterdam don't I look hip in my red tie
We came from America so you could share in the pride
Guilt, greed, and genocide
- "Hello Amsterdam"
- "I Just Took My Two Sleeping Pills And Now I'm Like A Bridegroom Standing At The Altar"
- "The President's Test For Physical Fitness"
- "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever"
- "The Thorn In My Side Is Gone" (Alternate Version)
- "Elbow Deep"
- Mark Eitzel - Vocals; guitars
- Vudi - Guitars; backing vocals; lead vocals on "Elbow Deep"
- Tim Mooney - Drums; guitar; backing vocals
- Danny Pearson - Bass; guitar; mandolin; backing vocals
- Bruce Kaphan - Pedal steel; keyboards; guitar; tablas; backing vocals
- Omewenne - Background vocals on "Hello Amsterdam"
- Tracy Chisholm - mixing ("I Just Took My Two Sleeping Pills And Now I'm Like A Bridegroom Standing At The Altar", "The President's Test For Physical Fitness", "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever" & "Elbow Deep")
- Jim Scott - mixing ("Hello Amsterdam" & "The Thorn In My Side Is Gone" (Alternate Version))
- Keith Blake - mastering at W.B.I.H.S.
- Tom Recchion - art direction & design
- Gregory Crewdson - photography