Caught In A Trap And I Can't Back Out 'Cause I Love You Too Much, Baby
|Caught In A Trap And I Can't Back Out 'Cause I Love You Too Much, Baby|
|Studio album by Mark Eitzel|
|Released||January 20, 1998|
|Mark Eitzel chronology|
Caught In A Trap And I Can't Back Out 'Cause I Love You Too Much, Baby is the fifth solo album from Mark Eitzel. A starker follow-up to 1997's West, it was the first album he released for Matador Records in 1998. The album features contributions from Sonic Youth member Steve Shelley, guitarist Kid Congo Powers, and Yo La Tengo bassist James McNew.
The title, taken from the opening line of Elvis Presley's late-period hit "Suspicious Minds", is also in reference to a "tedious support tour he (Eitzel) had to take on, with a band he loved, although he hated the experience of touring with them."
- "Are You The Trash"
- "Xmas Lights Spin"
- "Auctioneer's Song"
- "White Rosary"
- "If I Had A Gun"
- "Queen Of No One"
- "Cold Light Of Day"
- "Go Away"
- "Atico 18"
- "Sun Smog Seahorse"
- Mark Eitzel - vocals, guitar
- Steve Shelley - drums (tracks 6-9)
- James McNew - bass (tracks 6-9)
- Kid Congo Powers - guitar (tracks 5-6, 8)
- Bryan Martin - engineering and mixing
- Jonathan Greer (February 1998). "Mark Eitzel". Slow Thrills. Retrieved June 16, 2017.