The Undertow Orchestra
|The Undertow Orchestra|
American Music Club|
Pedro The Lion
The Undertow Orchestra was an indie rock "supergroup" organized by Bob Andrews of Undertow Music Collective. The band existed only as a touring ensemble and consisted of "four of today’s most under the radar, yet prolific singer-songwriters," David Bazan (of Pedro the Lion and Headphones), Mark Eitzel (of American Music Club), Will Johnson (of Centro-Matic), and Vic Chesnutt. Each band member took turns on stage playing his own songs, as the other members acted as his backing band.
- Glide Magazine Features - The Undertow Orchestra:
- Gendron, Bob (February 17, 2006). "Undertow's haunting, daunting folk flood", Chicago Tribune. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- Milano, Brett (February 16, 2006). "Music review: Undertow pulls alt-rock mavericks into solid group", Boston Herald, p. 49.
- Undertow Orchestra | drupal
- Chicagoist: Getting Pulled By The Undertow Orchestra