New West Records
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|New West Records|
|Distributor(s)||Alternative Distribution Alliance, PIAS Group|
|Country of origin||United States|
New West Records is a record label based in Nashville, Tennessee and Athens, Georgia. It also at one time had offices in Burbank, California, and Beverly Hills, California. It was established in 1998 by Cameron Strang "for artists who perform real music for real people" and has been home to indie rock, alternative country, and Americana bands. Their records are distributed by Alternative Distribution Alliance as well as through PIAS Group in Europe.
The label has had numerous releases debut in the Billboard Top 200 and has a number of Grammy Award-winning artists and releases including Dwight Yoakam, Steve Earle, Rickie Lee Jones, Kris Kristofferson and Delbert McClinton. The current label roster features All Them Witches, Ben Folds, Sara Watkins, Shovels & Rope, The Devil Makes Three, Buddy Miller, Corb Lund, Luther Dickinson, Nikki Lane, Rodney Crowell, Lily & Madeleine, and more. The catalogue includes releases from Benji Hughes, Drive-By Truckers, Jason Isbell, and Vic Chesnutt.
In 2007 and 2008 New West was recognized by NARM as the entertainment software supplier of the year. New West Records also exclusively releases CDs and DVDs from the award-winning television program “Austin City Limits”.
- "About New West Records | New West Records". www.newwestrecords.com. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Warner Bros Records boss Cameron Strang: 7 lessons from my career - Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Warner Music Group Names Cameron Strang CEO of Warner/Chappell Music; Acquires Southside Publishing". Billboard.
- "[PIAS] Artist & Label Services - [PIAS]". Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "Artists | New West Records". newwestrecords.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New West Records.|
|This article about a United States independent record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|